AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at a used Insight ... lots of questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hagemn
Posted 2/12/2012 22:29 (#2224329)
Subject: Looking at a used Insight ... lots of questions

Southern MN
Looking at buying an Insight, and am trying to figure out how much I will be able to use it in my operation. First off I currently run an EZ 500 on omnistar xp with Ez Steer for steering in the planter,combine, and for NH3 application. I add an ezboom to the system for spraying. I am looking at used Insights because I would like to add a yield monitor to a 9500 combine. I also will be adding row clutches to a 12 row 7200 planter in the near future. I would like better recordkeeping while planting and spraying. I want to keep the Ez 500 and EZ steer for steering and guidence, but would get rid of the Ez Boom if the Insight would take its place.

My questions are:
Will the Ez 500 feed an Omnistar xp signal to Insight or does the Insight need an unlock to get the signal?

What unlocks/hardware do I need to record split planting (example 6 rows variety A and 6 rows variety B) and record starter fert application (from a ground drive pump) all at the same time?

What unlocks/hardware do I need to run the row shutoffs on the planter (either SureVac or SureStop)

Could the Insight replace my planter monitor for population monitoring (12 row JD 7200) and record the planting rate?

What unlocks/hardware do I need to use the Insight as a rate controller on the sprayer or NH3 Bar (Raven components) and have autoswath?

Any special unlocks needed for yield monitoring?

I would never use it for steering so would not need Autopilot unlock. I am finding a quite a few used Insights with the Autoswath and a few with multiproduct unlocks. If any others are needed please include a cost for the unlock/hardwareif you know it.

Thanks in advance for any info you have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)