AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using Wi-Fi & Camera with the FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TJ FMX
Posted 2/12/2012 07:21 (#2222348 - in reply to #2221083)
Subject: RE: Using Wi-Fi & Camera with the FMX

Queensland
Sorry about the delay on the reply hayman,have been fishing.Because it was gouing to be an experiment I didn't want to spend to much on it as I had people telling me that this would not work .Basically the cameras are relatively cheap.AXIS is the brand and they have your standard RCA plugs,video out audio out and 12 volt power and ground. This made it easier for me to put your household dvd/ game console splitter in between the cameras with some RCA 2 into 1 adaptors. I just wired the cameras in to B and D on the deutch plugs on the rear of the screen. The 3 watt transmitter and receivers are a brand from a company in Hong Kong called Safer Guard that I bought over the internet , you will find them on ebay. The reason I used these in particular was because the transmitter and receivers are 12 volt, and they too had RCA plugs which made it easier for me to wire into the deutch plugs on the rear of the screens. I basically soldered a female jack off an RCA plug to the wires that has the appropriate pins on the deutch plug , this then plugged straight into the transmitter/ receiver . So the transmitter and receivers are wired in as if they are cameras . The only thing that I would have done differently , now that I know it all works is probably got 5.8GHZ instead of 2.4GHZ. They are both 4 channel and have anti jamming devices built in but there should be no interferance with the 5.8 { more expensive though}. I haven't had any problems with the 2.4 but I am told that is because we are fairly isolated where I live,hardly any mobile/cell phone service. More expensive cameras {agcam} etc. I don't know ,I have never used them have always been happy with the quality of these cameras.The company was excellent to deal with and they were shipped to Australia in under a week ,they have also seen the utube video and were very happy that I was able to get signal from one machine to another in some trying conditions .That was one of my original concerns , I had also looked into an external antenna that they sell for $20 that would have increased the signal dramatically but fortunately I have no need for it.I think my main success was hard wiring the cameras to the harvester and then only wifi ing the signal from Harv cab to haul cab thus getting rid of another variable.
Hope this helps
The product code for the transmitter/receivers that I have used is PZO129 and the link to them is below.

www.SecurityCamera2000.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)