AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keetons or Rebounders?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gro-Mor Farms
Posted 2/10/2012 16:39 (#2219147 - in reply to #2218870)
Subject: RE: Keetons or Rebounders?

Western Ky.
What type of planter are you running? Are you running RID tires on your gauge wheels? Notill or convential or both? All questions that need answers in determining which to use. In my situation using a Case-IH Early Riser opener Rebounders will be on my planter or I don't go to the field. If you are running a pure stock John Deere or Kinze planter then Keetons may be a better choice. One thing I read on these fourms is that Rebounders do nothing to accompolish seed to soil contact or seed firming. I believe this error in facts stems from the early days when Rebounders were first introduced. I have read that keetons hold the patent for "Seed Firming". Thus the makers of Rebounders cannot say that their product firms the seed. I can say that in my conditions with my planter the seed ends up nicely tucked (didn't say firmed) into the bottom of the seed trench with perfect seed to soil contact. I have come to the conclusion that the Rebounders accompolish this by directing the seed and lose soil from the collasped sidewall down to the bottom of the seed trench. We are 100% notill with zero disturbance of the soil other than preplant application of NH3.

Edited by Gro-Mor Farms 2/10/2012 20:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)