AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Were 4020s So Popular?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 2/10/2012 15:56 (#2219086 - in reply to #2218784)
Subject: Hydraulic and clutch.

Hydraulic and clutch. There's a several gallon reservoir up front that keeps the pump working with the clutch pushed in unless its an early 4020 and the charge pump check valve is worn out and leaking. It works fine if that check valve is good and the cylinders are double acting with the valve return to the filter for an external valve like a loader. I have a web page about fixing that. www.geraldj.networkiowa.com/4020si.htm There are two ways to fix it, neither takes much in parts, one is a lot of work, one is easy. AND IT WORKS. After fixing mine, I've left it parked for several months, pushed in the clutch, started the engine and lifted the loader before letting out the clutch. I've shoved the loader bucket into the side of an excavation, pushing in the clutch, rocked the bucket loose, lifted it, and spun the steering wheel to the end and then shifted to reverse and backed up with no loss of hydraulics.

The side console 4020 doesn't fail that way, but it fails with the clutch pedal pushed when there's a leak or two from the high pressure hydraulic line.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)