AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Were 4020s So Popular?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 2/10/2012 13:07 (#2218784 - in reply to #2218516)
Subject: Just a mediocre ok for me.......

I personally don't see what the hype is over them. Everyone brags up the seat, its ok, but not a show stopper. Arm and back rests are way to low, unless your a midget, I always felt the base is tipped to far ahead. Think the mechanical IH suspension is better. Also, you couldn't pour the fuel to them with cooling system limitations behind the fuel tank, and while they hydraulic system works well, the syncro's with the dumb charge pump stopping when the clutch is depressed is idiotic on a tractor that new. Also, the front mounted pump is a pain compared to what everyone else was using. I for one would rather run a 856 in the field all day over a 4020. I personally think the 4020 is a great tractor for a loader and chores, which is why they still bring good money compared to others, but in the day they were new and run in the field continuously I can not, and still don't see the edge. IH and Oliver were as good, if not better(When comparing a 4020, 856, and 1850).

I wouldn't mind having a 4020 with an M&W Turbo and pan on it, but will stick to Red paint or real green until then(Oliver).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)