AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hardi sprayers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 2/8/2012 22:59 (#2215208 - in reply to #2211142)
Subject: RE: hardi sprayers

Kentucky

devlin - 2/7/2012 09:05 anybody haveone and using gps+ shutoffs on. Using trimble equipment and having hardtime keeping pressure when shutting off sprayer at end of field and turning around to start again. Have to run it in manual to even get pressure then switch to auto

I am using an EZ Guide 500 with a Hardi that has a Job Com.  I don't have any issues with pressure, but it seems that I had to turn the "look ahead" functions off in the Hardi controller.  The setup varies depending on whether you are using the Hardi for rate control or the Trimble unit.  I do turn the master switch on and off on the ends.  I turn it off going into the headlands after the last section shuts off and then on again just before the first section would come on.  This prevents the tip of the boom from sensing the untreated area and attempting to come on in the turn.

If your sprayer has constant boom pressure adjustments, make sure the valves are calibrated for the tips or that could affect the pressure.  I would try calling the Hardi tech service line.  They have really improved their product support and can help you find the problem on your setup.  That's how I found that I needed to turn off the look ahead function.  The number is (866) 770-7063.  Also, (563) 386-1730 -- ask for James or Jason.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)