AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez-steer in 1688 costs??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 2/8/2012 12:37 (#2213814 - in reply to #2213653)
Subject: RE: ez-steer in 1688 costs??

Western CO
We put our EZ-Steer in our 1688, I just bought a bracket for the EZ-Steer (can't remember the cost but most of them are around $150 or less even from Trimble I think - check ebay different brackets come up on there once in a while) and a floor bracket for the T2 (so I can just pull the 4 nuts that hold it down and always get it back in the same spot) and then just move everything else. I made a bracket for the ram ball and move it as well - it would be slightly easier to have one there but having the cables all there and not have to move them would be the best. I've never priced that - that might be where most of the $600 that pfgps mentions. It still only takes probably 15-20 mins to switch it from the tractor to the combine. I am thinking of getting two systems but mostly because there are time when we need both at the same time and switching them on a daily basis gets old.

If you take the time to do the calibrations right it will work great. Then just save them and you can reload them when you move it in the future - I have them saved in the 500 as well as to a memory stick so we have them for sure. We do have omnistar for planting and I'm fully able to skip passes and not have any skips left when we come back and clean them up using 4" overlap. Make sure you get the antenna in the center of the machine (took us a couple of tries to get it exact and then I just marked the spot on the top of the cab so I can get it back in the right place) and get your other settings right.

My wife runs the combine some for me and the first year we ran it in there she was pretty sure she didn't want to have anything to do with the auto-steer. Well it would be pretty difficult to get her to run it now without it. Just like everything else it makes running the combine less stressful. Having a 1688 was part of my decision process in getting an EZ-Steer instead of hydraulic steering because at the time they did not make a kit for the 16xx series machines (haven't checked to see if that's still the case).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)