AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

agleader or Deere GPS equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mndairyman
Posted 2/6/2012 17:04 (#2209644)
Subject: agleader or Deere GPS equipment

Been looking at possibly putting some technology into our planting and spraying passes. We currentyl have trucount clutches on our planter that we run manually and I have a three-point boom sprayer that I spray with. I use the same tractor for spraying and planting we are confused as to what we should be doing. First, we need to either buy a light bar or a foamer for our sprayer, that is what has started this whole conversation. We are thinking light bar for sure but are also thinking while we are doing it maybe we should spend a little more money and set the planter up also and when we are doing the planter we would also like control the fertilizer on the planter, too. Strictly thinking along the lines of shutoffs, not any variable rate stuff at this point in time. So where I live we have a lot of contours, some hills, and a few valleys. Last week we talked to an AgLeader dealer and he is telling us we can use WAAS signal and our Deere dealer in town is saying that we won't be happy with that signal that we need to go to the more expensive signal. Or our we trying to do too much and just go with the lightbar and forget about the other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)