AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Steer on a 3185... settings?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 2/5/2012 20:57 (#2208210)
Subject: EZ-Steer on a 3185... settings?

South Georgia
I put the EZ-Steer on the 3185 yesterday, planning on using it to spray some wheat next week. I know that I'm going to get less than perfect results with it on this machine, as sprayers are kinda hard to steer anyway due to the vehicle dynamics.

I searched here before calibrating to see what others had come up with for calibration values and have it working pretty good, considering my expectations. I haven't tried it with any solution in the tank yet, so with half a tank of product sloshing, I expect it might be a little worse.

One problem that I did see was that I can't run full hydro in low range without it disengaging and giving a Max speed warning. The Max speed is set at about 20 MPH, and full hydro in low is around 15. I saw on here where somebody mentioned having one of these sprayers steering satisfactorily at 18 to 20 MPH, so why is mine disengaging?

Also I recall seeing a setting about sprayer steering delay. The online manual doesn't really say anything about what to do with this setting, or under what circumstances you'd adjust it. Suggestions?

I mainly bought this to spread fertilizer with, but since I've got a 500 in the sprayer already anyway, maybe I can get a lot more use out of it!

Thanks,
Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)