AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

auction ....rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Skipper
Posted 2/3/2012 20:44 (#2204211 - in reply to #2203310)
Subject: Re: auction ....rant

My 2 cents; I don't do a lot of auctions nor am I an auctioneer but the messing around trying to find the interested bidders at the expected sale price is not my preference. Start the bidding low and find your interested parties then keep it moving. In my opinion it doesn't take as long to weed out the scalpers as it does to get a bid at the top of the value. I try to never start the bidding on anything I'm interested in although I think I was probably the only "real" bid on a hopper topper a couple weeks ago ---but for scrape price for a like new that fit my machine.

A few years back the auction company that was getting all the sales in this area started low and moved fast. Most average sized sales were over in 2 hours. When interested bidders quit maybe one time give anybody else a chance then "SOLD". You learned to get noticed early or get left out. Ring men got close to their bidder. Made them refuse to up rather than stall around thinking. I think a bidder should tell the ring man no when he knows he's done. Doesn't mean I can't come back but let them concentrate on active bids. Like some mentioned you should know your top price--------and what % you will stretch it lol. My kind of sale.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)