AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rydell sprayer tender trailers in fairmont ND?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deereman
Posted 2/2/2012 23:59 (#2202599)
Subject: rydell sprayer tender trailers in fairmont ND?

NE SD
Was up there today and wow do they have some nice fancy setups in some very nice van body trailers. The way they set the 3" plumbing trailers up is with 2 inch hose from each tank and then into 1 common 3 inch manifold and then 3" hose to the pump and then 2" out pressure side of pump. Would this get the full benefit of a 3 inch pump pushing through a 2 inch hose? They put a 13hp honda on it so it should have good power. They claim the 2" is fine because it is like a (fire hose).
Another question is that they normally put 50' of 2 inch hose on a electric wind up hose reel. If the hose is not unwrapped from reel will this also slow the flow down?
Next question is how much longer does it actually take to fill a 1000gal tank with 2" line than it does 3". I have not timed it but seems like about 5-7 minutes I can fill my 1000gal tank now with a 2" line and a 6hp pump. Just wondering if its worth the $2500 price difference to go from 2" to 3".
It was amazing how nice and professional and helpful they were and offer lots of suggestions and options.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)