AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please tell me about featherlite trailers or what to buy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/2/2012 22:50 (#2202424 - in reply to #2201480)
Subject: RE: Please tell me about featherlite trailers or what to buy(pics)

I've got two Featherlite trailers a 1992 7'x18'and a 2007 7'x24'. The 92' has been pulled over some pretty bad two track roads, lava rocks, buried in mud, you name it. Lot of highway miles too, has held up good. But I won't like lie, I've had to weld on it over the years, about every two years. I've replaced the door hinges on the back at least 3-4 times. But the closes as good as day one, I've rattled and broke the rear slider gate off several times( just the top and bottom sliders). Finally had to weld one of the torsion axles on the left side, it was starting to crack. This trailer has an easy 300,000 miles on it, still has a lot of life left in it.

I've tried to keep the 24' off the two track roads, but it still sees a little time on them. I had them put the western package on it, plus I had them put a cam lever lock on the right side to do away with hinges. Hinges are the down fall of any trailer. Plus with the cam lever on both sides, I can load/unload any place. Instead of all the weight on the hinges, it kinds of lets the door float in frame. It will wear on cam locks over time, but you can just weld them up in the wear areas. I personally don't like the roll up doors, they wear out too in the rollers, and they have the door track that hangs down. If you load tall saddle horses, you have to watch you don't hit your saddle.

The only reason I went with Featherlite was a close dealer and he took care of us, but he exited the business a year ago. I also liked the running board step on the featherlite, sure is nice to use it to get on and off saddle horse. I tell everybody my horses are worth more, because they are Featherlite broke.

All the punch side trailers you can't run a rope thru side and pull cow into trailer, easy to do with Featherlite. The problem with all of them are they just keep making them all thinner and thinner. My 92' has more metal in it than my 07'.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 2/2/2012 22:55

(025 (600 x 450).jpg)

(026 (600 x 450).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 025 (600 x 450).jpg (56KB - 224 downloads)
Attachments 026 (600 x 450).jpg (46KB - 203 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)