AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight and Case Pro 600 Monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DC1986
Posted 2/2/2012 17:28 (#2201522 - in reply to #2200786)
Subject: Re: Insight and Case Pro 600 Monitors

Boundaries... I done a lot with boundaries, recording them, and naming them, and using them...BUT, only in a single monitor. Thus, going to another monitor, the grower, farm, field names are usually screwed up. Thus, some fields have boundaries, some do not. Some I can't even find the field, and when I use 'auto-locate' it seems to always select the wrong field. Very frustrating! I would really like all 5 of the monitors to have the same basic info: GROWER, FARM, AND FIELD NAME. This would help greatly for communication between all 7 operators. I have made a Google Earth Map legend with all of the field named. So when I record all of the boundaries, I will be correctly inputting a 'standard' for all to use.

Clutches: (Thought I forgot didn't you) We have one guy that does the planting, 60' planter with clutches, one guy does the spraying 80' boom, one guy NH3 application, one combines, 3 guys till work, etc. Clutches on the planter, sprayer, and NH3 applicator are a must. One of the guys last year took it upon himself to be better about recording boundaries... BUT, he didn't set the boundary line to to implement he was using, thus, it defaulted to the center of the tractor. The sprayer guy was pissed. His booms kept shutting off when he didn't want them too. With and 80' boom it wasn't really noticed till it was too late. Crap happens, right?

It is going to be a major job getting all of the boundaries recorded. But hopefully it will lessen the stress this spring if it is all loaded BEFORE we start planting.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)