AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance line creation- Deere v the rest?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aglasergps
Posted 1/30/2012 17:19 (#2195340 - in reply to #2194422)
Subject: Re: Guidance line creation- Deere v the rest?

Brisbane, Australia
I believe this is a software generated issue. My understanding is that the guidance line way points (i.e, the A and B point) for all the different systems are themselves only a simple lat/long co-ordinate generated from the WGS84 model of the earth (referenced to a fixed base if using a corrected signal). In other words, they all use the same GPS positioning information. It is only the software model that each display uses that creates the "line" between these points.

Also, the problem of putting a NMEA stream from a Deere receiver into a Trimble display relates to the configuration of the data stream itself and this has been discussed here before numerous times. If this incompatability is overcome, I would have to believe that the lines would be the same as the display is doing the brain work to create the line - no matter which GPS receiver is used.

At the end of the day, what you are really trying to do is put the proverbial "square peg into a round hole".....if you hit it hard enough it will go but it will be messy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)