AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance line creation- Deere v the rest?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

snowcone
Posted 1/30/2012 00:58 (#2194422)
Subject: Guidance line creation- Deere v the rest?

Great Southern, Western Australia
Not wanting to rehash a much discussed topic - but wanting to ask from a different perspective perhaps? As I understand it Deere creates AB lines one way, and pretty much everybody else creates them the other way, which is perfectly parallel to the original AB line. My question is which component of the system for each brand creates the difference? I have always assumed it to be the monitor/processor, but perhaps it is not? Is it possibly the calculations performed by the receiver?

Put another way, would a Trimble Autopilot give the same AB lines if the GPS signal were supplied to it via a Starfire 3000 as with a 262 for example? Or would a Deere 2630 give the same results if GPS signal was supplied by a Leica Mojo instead of a Starfire 3000?

The reason for asking is that we have setup a controlled traffic system using Beeline (aka AGCO Autoguide) created runlines. We would like to use a Deere 2630 however as a controller/autosteer system in some JD tractors. We wondered if supplying a GPS signal form say a Leica Mojo or exporting a NEMA string from the Beeline would affect the runlines? Or is it as I originally thought and the 2630 processor is the creation point for the runlines and they would be typical JD runlines that would diverge from the Beeline created runlines as we worked our way across a large field?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)