AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Words of wisdom from S.C.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dabeegguy
Posted 1/26/2012 10:36 (#2187073 - in reply to #2186832)
Subject: Re: Words of wisdom from S.C.

7720gas - 1/26/2012 07:16

I think a lot is at play in the globe, I have been watching France, they are in a election cycle, but the theme is to bring manufacturing back to their country, like what we are hearing , and other countries the same .Does this mean global trading melt down ?

France used to have a great deal of manufacturing - - has very very little left. Infrastructure for that (supporting businesses) is almost gone. Very very difficult to reestablish.

Similar in the USA - - prior to WW2 the USA was one of the leading machine tool (and tooling) manufacturers in the world. There is almost no homegrown stuff right now! What little there is is done on castings from India or China on machines from Germany or Italy or Japan making at best a moderate quality part. The one compnay advertises that you can have good fast and cheap. Well - - I viisted a shop owned by a guy I used to be working under (he was lead hand!). He had a shop full of these machines and for most the back covers were along the wall. I asked him why - - it saved him service time was the response - - what does that tell you on machines under 18 months old!

Its real hard to rebuild something once its been decimated as in the process of its decimation the supporting industries have also been destroyed!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)