AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church Leadership
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 1/23/2012 00:10 (#2179897 - in reply to #2176223)
Subject: Re: Church Leadership

SESD
Same thing here also. Small rural church(80- 90 on typical sunday). We maybe have 6 families under 40 of which I'm one. I'm a SS teacher and on the board of ed. I'm not sure what's going to happen when the older members decide they don't want to to their jobs anymore because there aren't enough of us younger people to take over, and some of the six aren't very involved. Even in SS, the actual attendance of the kids is fairly poor. I have the largest class with 9 and I usually have 5-6. When I was in class(i'm 28) most of us were there every week, and gone very rarely. With the kids, when it comes to memory work and such, a couple won't even look at it till sunday morning. When I was younger, we knew the memory every week, and had to learn more than they do now.

I think it has to do with the direction of the nation as a whole. The more crap that is injected into the culture, the more diverse it will be and the harder it will be to retain the young generation. The culture is so wrapped up in crap, it's no wonder noone has time for church. Everyone is alway worried about something else besides their faith that their faith is quickly on the back burner, and before they know it, they are just going through the motions, if even that.

A big thing for me which I think is totally detrimental to a persons faith is what is being taught in public schools and everywhere else as being "gospel". Evolution. The foundation of a young persons faith is broken before they even have a choice of what they want to believe. It is the church's responsibility, and of course the parents, to make sure that these children know that the Bible is the truth and they can believe every word. If not, then what's really the point of the whole deal of this religion thing. Why put your effort into something you aren't sure is true.

Sorry for the scattered post, but it's a big issue with alot of problems. I personally wish I grew up in simpler times. Everyones mind is going in ten directions and all this "great" technology just allows a person to be wrapped up in something at all times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)