AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church Leadership
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jt1468
Posted 1/22/2012 16:04 (#2178657 - in reply to #2178214)
Subject: RE: Church Leadership

Sibley Co. MN
We had our annual meeting this past tuesday night, I was on the nominating comm. to find new council members to run and it was tough as the position of treausrer was up, this position was donated in the past but this year it was tough to find someone. Brought up about looking outside or even raising the amount paid but it wasn't to well recieved. Then I thought I would bring up another topic of why we have the annual mtg on a tuesday night, and the response was its in the constitution. I said times have changed and now we do not get a good turnout for the meeting so I suggested maybe moving to after church on a Sunday with a potluck to maybe entice more people to stay, (we are Lutheran and enjoy a good potluck), or worst case move to Wed. night, a lot less activities going on, i.e. school activities, or other meetings, other than church. Sunday didn't seem to go over well with older crowd they thought it worked well when it was, so we didn't get anywhere. Wondering what other churches have done, and have you noticed an attendence difference. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)