AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tires may be going down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TheGrizz
Posted 1/20/2012 17:48 (#2174656 - in reply to #2154863)
Subject: Re: tires may be going down

Quincy, IL

Yes, I read Ag Talk. I agree with all of your suggestions, etc. You forget that our elected politicians in Washington D.C. think in a different world. The U.S. government doesn’t want the USA independent of the third world. Our President granted two billion U.S. dollars to Brazil to drill offshore for oil. We give billions to third-world countries to grow rubber trees instead of guayule, which the Russians used as far back as World War II. Just look at U.S. Energy Department loans to solar energy. Forget the cost. If farmers could grow the crop and we invested in the GMO technology, we would be better off. But remember, my friend, the U.S. government does not want manufacturing in the USA. If you don’t believe that, just try to open a business.

rodrod5 - 1/10/2012 23:21 while rubber is a major part of the price of tires you also need to remember that the cost to transport them is a factor as well so as fuel stays high tires still cost more to move they are heavy, can't be compressed, and have a lot of dead space to haul in them as well for those reasons I think tires should still be competitive to manufacture here in the USA, but you add in the fact that the third world closer to China and with a great deal of Chinese influence controls a lot of the natural rubber and that China does business with the briefcase full of cash VS the idiot USA that prosecutes for doing business the third world way.....IN THE DAMN THIRD WORLD.......and you end up with the USA being on the outside looking in on the rubber trade it is time to use alternate crops like guayule and GMO technology to crush the third world rubber business and the Chinese influence of it.......this will allow US manufacturers of tires and hoses ect to have access to a secured and open honest market for raw products and natural rubber makes better tires that last longer than crappy synthetic rubber as well so it is a win for the farmer, a win for the manufacturers, and a win for the consumer with lesser prices for better quality hopefully Maurice "Maury The Grizz" Taylor is reading this and acting on it

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)