AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GSI Top Dry vs. Tower Dryer (I know this has been discussed alot already.)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

VWBuckeye
Posted 1/18/2012 22:44 (#2170765 - in reply to #2170726)
Subject: Re: GSI Top Dry vs. Tower Dryer (I know this has been discussed alot already.)

Ohio
We looked at a Meyer this fall. The guys that own it really like it. I am still not sure whether I want two motors or one. The Meyer is tight in the very bottom, but lots of room in the top 2/3. I would think if you had two 30 hp motors and you start them one at a time that wouldnt be such a strain on electricity like starting one big motor. We will be running AC Drive units to power everything since we are on single phase. We have a GSI and Sukup dealer very close and the Meyer dealer isn't to far away either and they offer yearly inspections on your dryer to. It seems to me that a dryer is no more than a conveinence. They are expensive and offer no storage. Top Drys offer storage on top of being able to dry. Which means they can make you money even when your not drying. But a Top Dry takes up tons of room, are big commitments that offer no room for expansion if you max yours out, and seem to have their own quirks just like towers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)