AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GSI Top Dry vs. Tower Dryer (I know this has been discussed alot already.)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MD GenX
Posted 1/18/2012 22:13 (#2170667 - in reply to #2170560)
Subject: RE: GSI Top Dry vs. Tower Dryer (I know this has been discussed alot already.)

Eastern Shore of MD
We put in a similar top dry set up last spring & have run it for 1 corn year - I don't have the literature in front of me but I think ours is a 36' 9 ring w/ 2 burners. We found it met or exceeded our expectations - in terms of the fact that it dried right about at the same BPH that it was rated at on their literature, usually for us it seems w/ our other dryer set ups (2 GSI batch dryers & 1 continuous flow) we could not meet the BPH that they were rated at. I just cleaned the dryer floor this past week - we did not have to clean it during corn harvest - & all that was in it was a small amount of dust and some corn hanging on ledges near the release chutes - no big deal. Biggest issue would seem to be the time to transfer the corn when the top dry is full but this is not a big deal for us since we have other dryer set ups that can run while we transfer the corn out of the top dry. We have no experience w/ tower dryers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)