AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planning a trip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 1/15/2012 15:15 (#2163344 - in reply to #2163067)
Subject: Re: planning a trip

Dyersville and Avoca are about 200 miles apart. I've been to the museum at Avoca. Didn't take me hours to visit but I'm not a great farmall fan.

Des Moines is about midway between them with the Deere works that builds cotton machines just north in Ankeny. I don't know about tours there, but the works in Waterloo want reservations 48 hours in advance. There are lots of eateries and motels along the route through Des Moines. Its not far from Avoca to a Danish windmill. And a restaurant that won the state title for the best pork loin sandwich two or three years ago.

Google Iowa tourism and then Silos and Smoke stacks for online tourist information. Silos and Smoke stakes is primarily north east Iowa. Both groups publish books on places to see and stay and eat.

The museum at Clarion has a large number of toys as well as tractors and ladies hats. Open weekends only. The hardware store in Woodward has a complete set of erector sets in an upstairs room on display. There's a big collection of carved wooden clocks in Spillville in NE Iowa. The Agribition center at Independence is more huff than content beyond the Big Bud tractor.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)