AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think about this as an implement switch?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/15/2012 09:01 (#2162736 - in reply to #2162685)
Subject: Problems with Implement Switches

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jbweston - 1/15/2012 07:34

...in transport mode? Also couldn't a person just close the field in the monitor when you fold to move?

I and some of our customers have used this concept to avoid inappropriate points being logged while moving down the road or other situations. We may close the real field and go to a fake field while moving. When we get to the next real field, we choose it. If any inapproriate points are logged during the move they are associated with the fake field. This works fine as long as the operator remembers to do this.

This happens to me sometimes in a planting situation. I may drive home from a field for the night, then in the morning, lower the planter in the dooryard to fill the planter before returning to a field.

For me, this occurs since I am using an Ag Leader system (Insight with clutches and Starter monitoring). When filling the fertilizer, the flowmeter moves somewhat causing some activity which is recorded on my map. My starter is monitored by an Application Rate Module which is connected to the flowmeter and implement switch. Since the planter is lowered and the flowmeter moves a bit when I'm filling the tanks, I get some "dots" in the dooryard.

I guess another pretty simple alternative would be to shut off the Insight when not actually in a field. I just haven't been in the habit of doing this.

Edited by tedbear 1/15/2012 09:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)