AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Voter I.D. law kicks in without a hitch in Cimarron
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

wildcat1
Posted 1/11/2012 21:39 (#2156452)
Subject: Voter I.D. law kicks in without a hitch in Cimarron

South Central Kansas
Most all Kansans want voter ID, the print media howls constantly about it. I showed my KS drivers liscence today when I went to get my truck tags, no problem.

http://hutchnews.com/localregional/Voter-I-D--law-kicks-in-without-...

CIMARRON – Morning voting in a special sales tax election in Cimarron – the first election since a Kansas voter identification law took effect – proceeded without a hitch.

Pollworkers inside the Gray County Extension Service office building asked each voter to show a photo identification in order to receive a ballot. As of 10:30 a.m., all 106 voters had produced a photo I.D., without problem.

“I think it’s long overdue,” said Cimarron rancher Dan Miller of the tighter election procedures. “It’s only proper,” he said, that identification would be required.

“Didn’t bother me any,” said Howard Summers, a retiree who showed his driver’s license.

Jason Byer saw familiar faces at his polling table – a former babysitter and a former neighbor – but he didn’t mind when they asked him for an I.D.

“I think it’s a great idea,” Byer said later.

Secretary of State Kris Kobach, advocate of the new law, was expected to observe voting early this afternoon.

At stake in the election is a proposed 1.25 percent Cimarron city sales tax to finance a new swimming pool.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)