AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A positive NCAA football story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

firefighter9208
Posted 1/11/2012 14:09 (#2155676 - in reply to #2155599)
Subject: RE: A positive NCAA football story

Springville Alabama
Oliver1 - 1/11/2012 12:15

If you think $50-75K as an average salary justifies Communication as a "prestigious" degree, so be it. That is your opinion. But the next time you're dinking around on Careerbuilder's website, look at what average engineers/veterinarians/scientists can earn. On average, not just the couple you supposedly know drawing seven figures.

And please either clarify your last line, clearly stating that it is your words "dumb jock" OR provide the link in this thread where I called anyone that. You are entitled to your opinions, but you are not entitled to misquote me.

Well.... I guess I shouldn't count my Masters degree in Education with an average salary in the $60,000 to 70,000 range from the University of Alabama or my wife's Masters degree in nursing (CRNP) from UAB (University of Alabama Birmingham) with an average sale in the $70,000 - $90,000 range as prestigious either if we are basing whether or not a degree is "prestigious" on the dollar figures of the salary.

And BTW the couple that I know are Rick and Bubba from the "Rick and Bubba Show". Rick's dad is Bill Burgess, whom was the head football coach at JSU (Jacksonville State University) here in Alabama. Rick got his communication's degree from JSU while playing football there and I got my education degree while playing basketball there.

I didn't say that you called anyone a "dumb jock", but based on the demeanor of your original reply it was very easy to assume that you see any degree that doesn't qualify someone as a doctor, lawyer, or engineer as being 2nd rate.

That's all....

Chris

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)