AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A positive NCAA football story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 1/11/2012 12:34 (#2155540 - in reply to #2155252)
Subject: RE: A positive NCAA football story

Alton, Ia
Ummmm, evidently you were so busy playing b-ball, that you didn't have the time to take a class in reading comprehension. Never once did I disparage his football skills and/or achievements. The ARTICLE linked to in the original post quoted the player as saying he had a "prestigious" degree. His words. IMO, a degree in "Communication Arts" is maaaaaybe a little less than prestigious. Nuclear Engineering, yes. Biomedical science, yes. Pre-vet, animal science, agronomy, probably. But a four year degree in "Communication Arts" so you can someday do play by play, not in my book. Maybe in yours, so be it.

No, I did not play organized sports. Not even in high school. They are called cattle and hogs. We had a few (hundred), and at the time I was the only family member able to help, so no sports for me. I would have loved to have the opportunity, but somehow was able to survive the trauma. I did however, go on to college and get an Engineering degree in 4 years while working 30+ hours per week, and graduating with a GPA in the top 20% of my class. It was during the mid 80's, there wasn't any money left after farming, so I paid my way through, as did my 3 sisters and brother. I'm sure working 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shifts and then going to classes all day isn't up to being in the weight room by noon, so you have me beat there.

You may have practiced and played hard, but it was still a game. Lots of people work hard everyday.

Edited by Oliver1 1/11/2012 12:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)