AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Application Rate Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/10/2012 08:22 (#2153276 - in reply to #2152194)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Application Rate Module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You do not need to use an implement switch and an Application Rate Module to perform Site Verification. The map coverage can be started/stopped by using the screen icon.

If you forget to turn off the coverage while turning on the ends, the map will reflect this. Depending on what you are doing and how cost conscious you are, this might be acceptable.

Most folks prefer to have the map more accurate and want this to be done automatically. This requires the App Rate Module and an implement switch. Use the 12 pin Deutsch connector in the Auxiliary Port for an implement switch. Run a wire from Pin 2 in the to the implement switch. The wire coming back from the switch goes to Pin 3. Setup the configuration as Reversed and raise/lower the planter while observing the coverage icon on the screen. If the coverage logging is backwards from what you want change the setting to Standard.

The App Rate module can also be used to monitor (not control) a liquid or granular system. I use one for monitoring my Starter fertilizer on my planter. The fertilizer is delivered by a ground driven piston pump. The rate is set by changing the stroke of the pump. I have a Raven RFM-15 flowmeter installed in the fertilizer line. This flowmeter is connected to an App Rate Module. This gives me all kinds of information about my starter fertilizer such as rate, total, maps etc.

Since the fertilizer is another product as well as the seed, a Multi-product unlock is required for this type of arrangement.

Edited by tedbear 1/10/2012 12:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)