AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GreenStars ability??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/23/2006 08:00 (#21478 - in reply to #21378)
Subject: RE: GreenStars ability??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a neighbor who is in the process of setting up a Strip Till machine that I understand will be using Greenstar 2 for VRing the fertilizer. I don't know much more than that about the system. Fortunately since it's Greenstar I won't need to work on it. My understanding is that is supposed to be able to work with three dry bins.

This week I tried (as an experiment) a situation with my Insight to VR two products in a liquid scenario. Without getting into the mechanics of it too much. I was able to VR the first product through the Insight's Direct Command components. I was also able to VR the second product indirectly through the Insight's App Rate Module which was connected to a Raven console which controlled the other product.

A prescription (.irx file) was created which VR'd both products. When the Rx was loaded, I was able to assign each product to each device and proceed. I had the ability to see four onscreen maps: the Rx for the first product, the Rx for the second product, the applied Rate for the first product or the applied rate for the second product. When veiwing a product's applied map, the Rx map for that product was in the background.

When a rate change for the first product was encounterd, it was sent to the Direct Command components which handled the change. When a rate change for the second product was encountered, it was sent to the Raven console, the Raven would beep four times as it received the new rate and would attempt to apply that rate.

This required the multi-product unlock. I also have the Autoswath unlock which cycled the booms ON/OFF for ends and point rows during the application.

After the application was complete, the log file (.ilf) contained a map for each product which could be processed by SMS. I also created an Application report which contained a page with a map and a summary for the first product, a page with a map and a summary for the second product and also a summary page or pages for each region.

This experiment did require a fair amount of equipment (all of which I already had due to other situations) but appeared to be very successful. I really don't have need for the VRing that I was doing for the experiment but it did work well.

Once you have exprienced true onscreen mapping with Insight's coverage map and AutoSwath, it is very difficult to go back to more conventional methods.

Edited by tedbear 6/23/2006 08:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)