AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 750 ''shift to here'' function
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

zupar
Posted 12/19/2011 15:07 (#2112320 - in reply to #2107634)
Subject: Re: Trimble 750 ''shift to here'' function

If I recall correctly on the 500 you have to create or have a separate stand alone a-b besides the one created in headland mode then go back and select the headland mode then the headland straight a-b line will be shiftable.

personally I prefer to just switch to a separate straight a-b after doing the headlands, because the lines extend through and don't disapear during turning, but I think you maybe can set it to manual headland switching to avoid that too . As long as a headland a-b exists the info will show acres in field and switching a-b lines dosn't affect coverage logging.

note: Shift moves the line only (to a new spot on the ground), it creates a different line. Nudging moves the ground position relative to the satalites and also moves the past coverage logging.

Anyway because only one straight a-b can be married to headland, shifting is creating a new line (temporarly if you shift and don't save, or save new) , it would follow that it shouldn't work in headland. The confusing part is why the 500 allows it after another line is created in the same field. I quess it then begins to treat the headland internal straight a-b as a independant a-b as well.

When it comes to straight a-b "shift and save new" is basically the same as making a new a+ line leaving the heading the same.

Edited by zupar 12/19/2011 18:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)