AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what problems can high Fe levels in the soil create?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

agger802
Posted 12/9/2011 13:56 (#2093831 - in reply to #2093067)
Subject: RE: some questions Brad

NE MO & W IL
I'll answer fairly quick here, but fee free to call if you like. 636-485-8084

1. How much phosphate and zinc did you put in the furrow? About 15 lbs/acre of actual P as a ortho/poly blend in furrow. About .2 lb of Zn/ac as EDTA Zn chelate.

2. What form or products did you use for phosphate and zinc? Form was Nutriflow 6-24-6 with a special blend of micros blended by Bill Moyer (on this forum)

3. Same above questions for the 2x2 application. 2x2 was a blend of 28%, 10-34-0, and Thiosul at 15 gals/acre. Ran a pint of zinc with the blend which was trafix Zn I think (got blend from CPS). This gave me close to another 20 lbs of phos. DAP was also broadcast spead early spring.

4. Can you give a little more detail about your plans for this spring? What does strip tilling mean to you? What phosphate product do you plan to strip till? And how much phosphate and zinc sulfate will you strip till? Since you'll be strip tilling some phosphate and zinc, what products, and how much of each product will you use in your liquid starter system?

My still tossing around my spring plan for this farm. It has alot of slope so I'll spring strip till it (see pic below). Did that this year for the first time and it worked good. I plan to run a blend of DAP, Potash, AMS, and Zinc Sulfate through the strip till rig. Don't know exact rate yet. This will be blown it around 5-6 inches deep and will help feed the plant during rapid growth stage. I'll still put a blend of nutrients through my planter in furrow and 2x2 also similar to above. The only thing I'm changing for this season is my 2x2 placement. I've taken off my coulter setup and plan to dribble the starter on each side the of row with Totally tubular setup. Someone posted that picture last week I think. I'm tired of fighting plugged nozzles and my setup was cracking my row units. My 10-34-0 money will now probably go to DAP in the strip and I'll just dribble UAN/Thiosul with micros.

(IMG00088-20110413-1617.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG00088-20110413-1617.jpg (59KB - 57 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)