AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stroller USA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 12/4/2011 18:36 (#2084337 - in reply to #2084300)
Subject: RE: Stroller USA

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

Jmark71 - 12/4/2011 18:12

soil-life - 12/4/2011 08:31

Jmark71 - 12/3/2011 10:40

I ran a test with Bioforge and Agrinos applied in 32% sidedressed on V5 corn.  There was no visual difference to me although the company reps thought there were more rows per ear on the treated side walking the plot.  I saw no difference at harvest and yield maps showed the check to be +.5 bushels to the treated -- a wash.  Yields in that part of the field were running 213.

after several recent seasons of plot work. Product usage. we find the same results as you. Jmark

only the applications I observed were much more comprehensive. guided by an Agronomist, consultant representing the company. so many seasons 3 + applications were applied. By his direction. 

If you would like to visit with the individual Farmer Owner Operator  ?

call Dan

cell  ( 614-679-2550 )  

He can share his experience on His farm 

he does practice No till and some strip till also.

[/QUOTE/]

I was given 20 acres of product for a side by side -- no reps other than the ability to look at yield maps on a fairly uniform field.  They were looking for some side dress tests in our area with a new product from Agrinos that mixes with the BioForge.  Stoller and Agrinos ran tests for CO2 in the soil and weighed ear samples for yield and test weight.  They were in the field in July and August before the combine.  When they asked what I thought before harvest, I said that if their ear samples were representative I would agree with the 8-10 bushel yield bump with the products.  My only regret in running the study was that I wish I had not told them which side was the treated and which side was the check.  I wonder if they could have told and if the ears sampled would have been different.  I know it is hard to walk a test plot and not have your eyes go the the better ears if you like the variety or expect the treatment to be better.  I would have more respect for their data if they had requested follow-up and copies of the yield maps AFTER they found out the treatments were a wash.   When the company says, "we want the data no matter the outcome" and they never follow through, it doesn't make me respect THEIR data.  I know some who have used BioForge with positive results, but this experience with Stoller has made me less likely to "try it again" especially on my dollar.

do not be to disapointed Mark

Your dealing with a sales company. Not a soil science of repeatability value.

more a hit and miss. swing enough times on enough farms and if the sales pitch sticks with 1 in 100 then that is good.

the proffit margines are there for this kind of marketing program to work well for the sales persons.

In my opinion

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)