AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coleman mobile home furnace troubleshooting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 11/25/2011 19:43 (#2068083 - in reply to #2068037)
Subject: RE: Coleman mobile home furnace troubleshooting?

just a tish NE of central ND
Your furnace is light-years newer than mine was........Does that have a pilot light or electronic ignition?Mine had a pilot light. Id bet yours is eletronic(I come from the old school of hard knocks yet) LOL!
I'm not sure why you furnace runs the blower before it even warms up. That is just strange .But maybe the thermostat sends juice to the blower thermo-disc switches as soon as the thermostat calls for flame?But I suspect that the thermo-disc interrupts that current untill the plenum gets hot enough?
The Coleman I used to have had a heat sensor switch in the plenum above the firebox as well as a "overheat safety" switch which dropped the gas in case of blower failure and too much heat buildup in the plenum. I do remember going through the same problem you speak of. I seem to remember that my blower would kick on real easily as soon as the pilot light lit up the flame to the burner. But not before. We thought at the time that the motor that went bad on us was responsible for causing the blower switch that needs heat to activate to get ruined and it couldn't accurately sense the correct temp to do the switching. I got replacements at Whol's Electric I believe in Harvey or maybe at kellers plumbing in the same town....There should be a number and a temp range printed on them. Mine had two wire push on connectors on each switch.
Hope this helps.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 11/25/2011 19:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)