AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NeatDesk Scanner,,,, helpfull or junk?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres
Posted 11/20/2011 09:57 (#2058442 - in reply to #2058290)
Subject: RE: NeatDesk Scanner....HELPFULL

Texas

I have been using Neat Receipts for several years, since 2003.  It does what they claim and is truly a great product.  I use Farm Works for my accounting and keep most of my receipts in NR.  It solves the problem of fading receipts and is very easy and extremely fast at retrieving the receipt for review or printing.  I'll race anybody with a file cabinent when it comes to finding a record.

I open it on a split screen with Farm Works as I do my accounting and I have everything at my fingertips when reconciling the bank statements or recording the transaction detail.  I have asked Farm Works to consider including an attachment option within the accounting program to allow the receipts to be scanned directly into FW.  The idea is being considered, they say. 

The IRS does allow a copy of the receipt to be used instead of the original.  Just as a photo copy is acceptable, the re-printed receipts are acceptable too.  Another thing to consider, if you have a receipt that has faded such as the many credit/debit card receipts that fade in about one year, you don't have any proof at all by the time an audit comes around.  I much prefer to capture those receipts digitally and be able to print them clearly years later. 

Another benefit is that I have all of my receipts backed up in case of a fire or other disaster.  That's peace of mind for me. 

Edited by Funacres 11/20/2011 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)