AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

King World News
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 10/24/2011 06:53 (#2017402 - in reply to #2017374)
Subject: RE: derivitives bomb

I agree it's hard to be positive but realistically things are so badly fouled up there cannot be a positive outcome if this continues. Covering it up, kicking the can, and passing out the hopium that things are recovering, the worst is over is not doing our future generations any favors. 

They are at the stage of outright revolt already as their standard of living will likely be lower than what most have come to enjoy.  Not to mention they are being or have already been saddled with mountains of debt before they are ever of age to have a say or vote in having to pay for these excesses of previous generations.

For myself I have no children but I do have a niece and nephew and I cringe at the uncertain future they will certainly experience in their lives. It would be very easy for me to not worry and only live for me and have whatever I want in the here and now. However I choose to forgo certain things in my life to try and insure a brighter and better future for them. 

My needs are very basic and covered, my wants are extremely few and I choose to do without many of the fancy trappings of life that make for a high cost of living. As I get older my focus changes from what I need from this world to what I can do to make things better for them. That's the way it is supposed to be. To leave things in better shape for the next generation, teach them about the sacrifices you and others that went before you made to make things better for them in hopes they will do the same for future generations.  For me I want to preserve and pass things on to make their lives easier or more comfortable, or more secure. The current policy of theft of the value of our money, ZIRP, QE, Operation Twist etc  makes even my sacrifices more difficult to pass on to them as purchasing power and  value are being lost just to keep the crooks from having to eat their losses.  

Unfortunately as a nation most people think it's all about them in the here and now and they want instant gratification at all costs, lets worry about those costs and ramifications later. Well that later is finally here and instead of addressing these "math" issues like adults with reason and clarity they try to obfuscate the hard facts with feelings and warm fuzzy concepts and thoughts. The math does not care if you don't like it or have a PC opinion. It is the math based on hard facts and reality that dictates that this must stop and must correct if their is ever to be a positive future for those to come.

We again collectively as a whole are doing our future generations a horrible disservice by not addressing these issues and actually fixing them now and accepting the severe pain for them instead of passing it on to them.

It's very apparent in society that very few spent the time that I did with family elders to learn about the past and why history so often repeats itself.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)