AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CWB thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Redman
Posted 10/24/2011 02:20 (#2017353 - in reply to #2017028)
Subject: Re: CWB thoughts

SW Saskatchewan
the difference is that what Ontario and Quebec produce is poor quality and all used domestically, on the export market it competes with SRW which is normally priced on a corn equivalent.

HRS and Durum from the prairies is a premium product and can be priced as such-but not for all our production. thus the pooling of the low priced "dump markets" with the high price premium markets. Without the single desk it will all the same low market clearing price-ever here of elasticity of demand?

If I need to remind you, American farmers are provided with a belt and suspenders from their farm program-not so for the Canadian farmer.

Things are not so rosy in Australia without the order of their wheat boards-and there they were state run, not unified like the CWB.

And we can all settle for an above average price.

Except the average will be a lot lower when we move to a market clearing selling price.

And the big thing we are giving up is the single desk-not pooling. The Cons and the rabid right keep trying to confuse the issue but no mistake, keep it front and centre is that the single desk is what maintains NA as a high priced market. The US will be able and step in to block the importation of Canadian wheat, Nafta or no Nafta, the Ag program will cushion the American farmer but who is here to protect the Canadian farmer.

Maybe Ralph Klein in Alberta but he no longer calls the shots-Brad wall-he only believes in protecting the swamp dwellers in B0b B's constituency- and Harper and Ritz-well a little aid to the cattlemen in his constituency is right and proper but how about the rest of the drought areas- I can still here Wayne Elhard proclaim "we are not here to pick winners", unless of course you have the mla or mp that can pull strings. But the Manitoba govt stood up for the farmer!

No offence, but I have heard your stance from cowboys since I was knee high to a grasshopper and they sure want help when the feed trough is empty-just that they are honorable recipients of welfare, unlike those other out their that don't raise cattle.

Bet of luck to you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)