AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Edge autoswath question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/13/2011 07:39 (#2002115 - in reply to #2001489)
Subject: RE: Edge autoswath question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Couple of things here.

1) the field acres can be adjusted "after the fact" so that the total acres in a summary agree with the known acres. The system will change the values proportionately to give a good reflection of the acutal situation.

2) Autoswath needs to make certain assumptions while harvesting which is based on the quality of the GPS receiver. In my Insight (I assume the Edge is similar) I can tell the system the quality level of the GPS being used. Since I am using a WAAS receiver on the combine, I chose a setting of "3". If I were using a more accurate GPS then I could choose a higher number. This would result in Autoswath doing a "better" job of adjusting my displayed swath.

With a setting of "3" on my 8 row corn head, the number of rows being harvested on the display is either 2,4,6, or 8. I assume that if I had an RTK system and had the GPS setting on a higher value that the rows harvested shown on the display would be more reflective of the true number.

As far as your swath width on the Edge, put in a width that is the actual cutting width most of the time. You mention the swath width on the 500. This only affects the display on the 500 and has no bearing on how the Edge behaves. The 500 provides the GPS to the Edge (and to itself). The Edge does the acreage calculation and autoswath business with the GPS that it gets from the 500. The 500 outputs its best guess on the lat/lon and other information but doesn't manipulate it as far as swath width etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)