AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kindle Fire
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

BSchroeder
Posted 9/29/2011 11:23 (#1983769 - in reply to #1983734)
Subject: Re: Kindle Fire

Devils Lake, ND
<p>
IN MY OPINION - this is not an iPad killer, but will be a success - but at the expense of other Android tablets. Amazon is selling the Fire at a loss - they will lose money on every device sold - with the hopes of making it up (and then some, I'm sure) on content. None of the other Android tablets can do this since they lack the ecosystem. The $99 Touchpad fire sale showed there is demand out there for cheap tablets. One could argue that the Fire, being stripped down, won't compete with other "premium" Android tablet's...
<br /><br /> I agree 100%, and that's one big downside to Apple's business model. By not licencing other manufacturers, they disallow innovation in devices. Like the 7" tablets, Transformer, and that upcoming Asus slider. Some of these have already failed, and more will, but it's inevitable non iOS-based tablets will start winning marketshare. It may not happen soon, but it will happen. Even Apple isn't smart enough to do it all themselves. I'll add that Apple can still do better than everyone else with a diminished marketshare. I know they turn big margins on their desktops and laptops, and I'm sure they will continue to do the same with tablets.<br /><br />
...but in general the Android crowd likes "cheap" - typically not as willing to pay as much as the iOS crowd and are more willing to sacrifice features.
<br /><br /> No. The Android crowd doesn't want to be though of as a iZombie. Not saying they are right for doing so, but that's the only reason ANY Android tablets are sold.</p>

Edited by BSchroeder 9/29/2011 11:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)