AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Orscheln Farm & Home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 8/30/2007 15:14 (#195825 - in reply to #195567)
Subject: RE: I Wish Ft. Riley Military Base...

Colby, Kansas
About 2 summers ago my Professor and I were on our way back to Manhattan from planting research plots on Dad in northern Decatur Co. We had a 6000 series Deere tractor and soil probe on a flatbed. Threw the tread off a trailer tire just west of Stuttgart. It was around 5 so we unhooked the trailer on the side of 36 and exceeded the speed limit to try and get to the COOP station in time. We didn't quite make it and were forced to go to the land of gummy bears and chicks (the feathered kind).

We were doubtful that they would have a tire for anything other than a 2-wheeled garden cart. So we had a MacGyver plan in order, we were going to see the nice Korean lady at Loves, buy all the chewing gum they had, chew it while driving back to Stuttgart and using the gum and tree leaves fashion a tread that would get us to Downs or Beloit (not likely to work, but more likely than getting a tire).

Wheelers in Norton and McCook were both great stores, they were based in Grand Island so I think they had a better grasp on the real world. We are fortunate in that we have some other options, C&K Distributors in McCook if you can afford them, and Lords Hardware in Indianola, they have been in business for around 135 years (for real).

Glad your back Rich, always interesting to know whats going on over in Phillips Co.

Lucas

Edited by LHaag 8/30/2007 15:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)