AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what would you pay for?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tomram486
Posted 8/31/2011 20:59 (#1940150 - in reply to #1937838)
Subject: Re: what would you pay for?

Looks like you are fighting a losing battle. Sorry. I was an extension agent for 2.3 years as my first job out of college. I enjoyed most of the job but I am glad that I am gone from that job.

Farmers want everything for free. They think they have already paid for your services. The farmers do not realize that there are a lot of expenses that have been cut or zeroed out.

I applaud you for coming to this forum. That took guts. I think NIFA and ARS are on the cutting board. With less and less farmers their clout is going out the door. With new regulations coming down the pike, farmers are going to need more and more people just like you. Keep up the good work but look out for you and your family. There are other jobs that you will enjoy. Remember that agriculture is joining the new world. People will have many jobs these times. You will not be like my trainer agent that had one job in 2 counties his whole 30 year career. If you are able to make extension your life's work, more power to you.

Watch out for yourself. my 2.5 cents.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)