AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iTunes not showing iPad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 8/27/2011 23:16 (#1933625 - in reply to #1933388)
Subject: Re: iTunes not showing iPad

You could put a Formula 1 engine in a '72 Gremlin and still end up with this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_37veR2owTyY/SWvPgHWcDrI/AAAAAAAABw4/rU1bD...

When I ran Windows, I hated Apple software. iTunes generally worked ok, but Quicktime - oh did I ever hate Quicktime. Both work exceptionally well on the Mac platform. I have also tried Safari for Windows and while it looked and worked very similar to the Mac version, something just seemed a bit off about it and I ended up returning to Firefox.

On the flip side, Office for Mac - while working rather well, follows MS's typical installation procedure and scatters stuff all over in the file system. Most Mac applications are compartmentalized - almost all of the files for the app are in a single folder. When you want to uninstall a Mac app, you simply drag it to the trash and it's gone. Office for Mac comes with a separate uninstall app to get rid of the stuff scattered all over the place.

What's my point? Well, it seems both companies adhere pretty strongly to their own ways of doing things when writing software for the other platform and the result just seem a bit out of place.

But in all fairness, the list of things to try that I provided above applies to any computer running any OS - even Apple. I've never made the claim that Apple products are faultless 'cause they aren't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)