AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gromoxone Users
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 8/20/2011 07:55 (#1920854 - in reply to #1920655)
Subject: RE: Gromoxone Users

Scott City KS
twraska - 8/19/2011 22:30

Spraying Gramoxone is like spraying gas on it. It will kill what it touches but big stuff will come back out of the roots. I've never had luck mixing anything like 24d with it, always just sprayed it with a surfactant.

I understand how the mode of action works however, there are kochia and Palmer amaranth that I sprayed a month ago that are still dead. I think that if I can get coverage this time of year I will kill what I'm after.

Coverage is key. Kochia are tumbleweeds so naturally they are round. Getting the product to the bottom is tough.

What are the best nozzles to use? Would air inductors be better? Would higher pressures and bigger droplets help blow through the canopy? What about twin turbos? I've heard at higher speed the pattern comes apart.

Does temperature make any difference? I sprayed everywhere from 60-105. Do the heat waves coming off the stubble affect canopy penetration?

Everybody around here says you need to heat it up. Most guys want to run atrazine, but some of this is going to be wheat, so I chose sincere which is a photosynthesis inhibiter without residual. 2-4 d is cheap and it is supposed to help. It's cheap enough that I'm not willing to test going without it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)