AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you pay back your debt?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 8/9/2011 20:49 (#1904909 - in reply to #1904829)
Subject: Re: How do you pay back your debt?

Near-north Ontario, French River
I understand what you are saying PB, and agree with you. I run pretty tight on the operating loan side of things, by choice I might add. I'm also on the smaller side compared to alot of the guys that post on this forum so something that may be mere pocket change to some on here may be a major purchase for me. I realize that I can pay down the debt and save some interest, but then I end up short on the cash side sometimes when it comes to a major repair or purchase. Yes I know I can draw on the operating loan, or term out the major purchases ( which I do) I just prefer to run the operating side as low as possible. Most of my long term loans are locked in for 10years at fixed rates . I know that variable rates are usually the better way to go but I like the security of knowing what my payments will be over the long term. I do pay down extra principle when I have the chance, but also prefer to have some cash in hand as well. Not arguing with your way of doing things, just a different way of looking at debt and such.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)