AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydroswing doors opening up/ Icon doors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

IconDoors
Posted 7/11/2011 14:41 (#1858379 - in reply to #1857740)
Subject: Re: Hydroswing doors opening up/ Icon doors

If you have a HydroSwing, Schweiss or Power Lift hydraulic door and the door creeps open over time the problem is most likely one of two things; The first is an internal bypass leak in the cylinder and the second is a faulty check valve in the pump system. The most effective way to determine the source of the problem is to isolate the two assemblys by installing a hydraulic ball valve in the close side hydraulic line, (the close side line is the lowest line on the cylinder in the closed position, if you makeup your valve assembly with a -6 female on one side and a -6 male fitting on the other it can easily be installed where the line connects to the pump) after installing the valve close the door completely and then close the valve. After the same amount of time has passed that would have resulted in a partly open door and if the door has not opened you have isolated the problem to the pump system. If the door still creeps open then the problem is most likely an internal bypass in the cylinder. If you discover that the problem is in the pump system it is most likely a PO Check valve or a coil valve, since each manufacture uses a slightly different configured system you would be best served in calling them, however if you have a HydroSwing system that will be impossible since they are no longer in business. I will try to help you if you can tell me what system was installed with your door; Hypower, Parker, MTI, Stone as these were the most common systems sold by that company. All parts are available and in the case of the cylinder internal leak I can help you find a Hydraulic shop that can test and repair you parts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)