AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Omnistar ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/9/2011 07:03 (#1854953 - in reply to #1854892)
Subject: Re: Omnistar ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As mentioned above, I leave my GPS On during the planting season to maintain Convergence. My 332 seems to be quite voltage sensitive and in checking the on screen voltage display, the value indicated is lower than indications elsewhere with a volt meter.

A problem I had was that when I would start the tractor with the GPS on and converged, that the voltage would drop and the GPS would lose convergence. Then the convergence process needed to start over again. This defeated my idea (in part) of leaving the GPS on.

To solve this problem I installed a lawn garden tractor battery beside the seat and this powers the GPS through a switch. This battery is connected to the main tractor battery via a diode. The diode prevents backflow from the small battery to the large batteries during the starting process and keeps the GPS converged. The main system recharges the small battery since current can flow in that direction. Due to the voltage drop across the diode, the small battery has less voltage than the mains but this has worked out well for me for several years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)