AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Red tractor, GP planter, and Precision Planting... how many monitors am I going to have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 7/8/2011 17:34 (#1854299 - in reply to #1854236)
Subject: RE: So... what I learned yesterday.

roaming
bleedred - 7/8/2011 15:10
I don't understand why if something is VT it can't completely control a VT implement. I guess I don't understand all the ins and outs of the technology yet.
But from my computer science background I don't understand how something that follows a standard protocol might or might not work.

As I understand it, the manufacturer controls what features they offer through the ISOBUS protocol. They may choose to reserve certain "premium" features, which are only functional with the manufacturer's own display.

Beyond that, there are also different "levels" or versions of the ISO11783 standard, because the standards are constantly being revised/updated. Your VT might be compliant with a certain revision of the standard, but if the implement controller is compliant with a more recent revision, you may not get the level of operability you expect.

Just like Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 97 both comply with certain Windows programming conventions, but that does not mean you can/should expect Office97 to run on Vista. It's not a perfect analogy, but a similar idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)