AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

emotions ruuning on high
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 7/5/2011 23:31 (#1850485)
Subject: emotions ruuning on high

Red River Valley
gennerally I'm the one taking all the heat but tonite everybody is calling out everybody ( yes I'm probably in this mix also)

question has been asked about trendline yields I think 30 yrs. trend is like 160.3 and 10 yr trend is 163.7 but don't hold me to these numbers because they might be off by a bit

now The USDA has been getting ripped pretty good last few days so I have a question for those that think they are just fudging the numbers

For the last 15 yrs at least I have heard farmer after farmer blast USDA's Numbers as being grossly incompatant or outright fraudlent, and of course they have alway's overstated yield and understated use for those 15 yrs.

so lets say the USDA is off on both counts by 50 mb a year in 15 yrs ( since they are always wrong to the same side ) that would amount to 1.5bb of less corn than what has been accounted for which means that we should have 1.5 bb les corn today than we do which means we are out or atleast we should have run out last year. How come we didn't???

I'm not sticking up for them I am just trying to get a handle on how they can be wrong every year and yet after a decade and a half of this we never lose the bushels???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)