AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If ethanol blenders credit is dropped.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 6/25/2011 13:01 (#1834957 - in reply to #1834658)
Subject: RE: If ethanol blenders credit is dropped.....

Nebraska aka the boondocks
I think it is of note who is leading the charge to end the blender's credit... not diane fienstein, not bernie sanders, but tom coburn, aka big oil... hmmm... Doesn't big oil get some of the blender's credit? The amount of muscle he is flexing is impressive, and should be of concern of how influential the ncga is or will be in the future on other issues. This particular issue may be "chump change" to some, but this is only a foreshadowing of things to come, especially if grains go hog wild. It will then be open season on all ag subsidies, and that could get real ugly. So before we say oh I don't need this or that subsidy, what would things look like with, no mandate, no direct payments, no crop insurance subsidy, no prevent plant, no crp money, no eqip money, no guaranteed loans, no grain bin program and the list goes on and on and on. Obviously we won't lose all of this, but it is surely something to keep in mind as we go forward. BTW, doesn't NCGA only have one lobbyist? I could be wrong on that. This is now an exercise in politics, not logic or common sense.

Edited by McHusker 6/25/2011 13:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)