AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A thought...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rocfarms
Posted 6/23/2011 13:46 (#1832070)
Subject: A thought...

Central WI

We're one week away from the all important June 30th report and the bulls had a good run.  I'll admit that its been tough to wrap my brain around the last two weeks.  I think I relied too much on the strength of the fundimentals and didn't put enough stock in the global unrest. Emotionally markets take their toll on even the most seasoned trader/marketer.  On the way up it was easy to be all smiles and confident and on the flip side when it slides a $1.60 down its easy to be all gloom and doom.  Two weeks ago I proclaimed we would cruise into fall unfazed, especially with old crop.  That has changed since.  Here is my thought, firms and such make money by moves in the market.  Here is my question, is money being pulled off the table in front of the report?  When the market flinched, everyone ran to the other side of the boat. Is this down move just profit taking and repositioning for a bullish report?  When considering everything that this growing season has been, is it realistic to think that we will have a strong late summer run?  The market can switch gears in a hurry, which we all just witnessed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)