AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OptRx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/19/2011 09:02 (#1825132 - in reply to #1825067)
Subject: Re: OptRx

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
pipesathome - 6/19/2011 07:18

Is it possible to tie the vi reading to another prescription map on the go? For instance you have a number of different varieties that are capable of different grades e.g. Wheat. So instead of purely formulating based on vi, you could say if I am in x variety and the vi is y Put on z of n to better target particular grade.

I don't think it is possible to tie the V.I. reading to another prescription on the go. When the configuration indicates that OptRx is on the implement, the rate selection portion has the usual Rate 1, Rate 2 Manual buttons but the Rx button disappears and is replaced with a Green Leaf icon. You activate the Green Leaf icon to use the sensors for the on-the-go control situation.

If you wanted to use the applicator without an Rx map from the memory card which was created by PC software, I believe you would need to have another configuration where the implement is defined as not having OptRx available. Then the Rx icon would be available at application time.

It is possible to have several Reference strips in memory. When you create the Reference strips you are asked for the variety and Growth Stage. Thus you could have many Reference Strips for corn for different varieties and different growth stages but I think the application rate would be based on the V.I. readings. These Reference strip files are stored and available at any time.

You can make a Reference strip in one field with a particular variety and a different Reference strip in a different field with a different variety, these Reference strips are saved and available when application takes place.

This may be what you had in mind.

Edited by tedbear 6/19/2011 09:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)