AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OptRx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agr1290
Posted 6/18/2011 15:41 (#1824271 - in reply to #1823769)
Subject: RE: OptRx

NE MO
This is our fourth year using the OptRx and I can tell you that every year large improvements have been made by AgLeader. The sensors are not designed to "fix" fields that already have other problems present(i.e. stand issues, other fertility problems, drainage problems), more for those who are looking to achieve the next step in production and efficiency. We have found that the later you can wait the better the sensors work and also don't apply to much nitrogen up front so the sensors have some room to work. Most of the time the sensors will apply more N than you think you need but 90% of the time the dollars and cents work in favor of the sensors. On the extreme end I have seen $100 per acre return differences within fields between flat rates and using the sensors, but most of the time it is closer to $10-$20ac. The real test for the sensors will be when the weather patterns change back to a drier climate unlike the last few years.
This product that has a lot of research behind it and the future potential is just starting to be tapped.
Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)